Agencies and aggregators have hundreds of integrations for each integration type. At times, it becomes difficult to manage these integrations and make changes like adding new columns, adding new tables, etc.
Templates provide a swift way for customers to create new integrations or update existing integrations based on pre-defined templates.
In this section we will discuss:
Templates in Daton are pre-defined integration patterns that can be used to create new integrations or update existing ones quickly. The feature enables users to make changes such as adding new columns or tables with ease, reducing the complexity associated with managing multiple integrations.
Additionally, Templates are designed to be highly customizable and flexible, allowing customers to modify them according to their specific requirements. By leveraging the Template feature, customers can accelerate their integration projects, save time, and focus on their core business operations.
- 1.Custom Templates
- Custom Templates can be created by customers to suit their specific integration requirements.
- For instance, if a customer has a unique data source that is not included in Daton's pre-built Templates, they can create a custom Template to support that data source.
- These can be created by an organization admin member and team members can add sources to them for further usage.
- Once created, the user will be able to edit or delete the Template.
- 2.Saras Recommended Templates
- These are the pre-built Templates that are provided by Daton.
- These Templates cover a wide range of integration scenarios, providing a quick and easy way for customers to get started with their integration projects.
- These are default Templates, meaning, these cannot be created, edited, or deleted by the users.
Daton supports Templates for a wide range of source types, including eCommerce platforms, Advertising platforms, Marketing platforms, CRM systems, and OMS platforms, among others.
Where any oAuth/basic auth-based source where the schema is known ahead of time particularly supports Templates.
- Amazon ecosystem
- Ad Connectors
- eCommerce platforms
There may be some exceptions, like in Amazon some tables are not available for some marketplaces. Due to this, some jobs may seem to fail but it is possible to manually change the source and de-select the table.
There are some source types that strictly are NOT supported by Templates. Here is a list of such sources:
- Generic GraphQL
- Generic REST API
Follow the following steps to Create a Custom Template in Daton:
- 1.On the Templates page of Daton, click on 'Create new Template.'
- 2.You will be prompted to Select the source type. Find the source that you wish to create a Template for, and click on the 'Configure' button. For this instance, let's create sample a Template for the source- Shopify, and the rest will follow.
- 3.Provide the necessary Template Name, Replication Frequency, and Replication Start Date data, and click on the 'Next' button.
- 4.Next, you will be redirected to Configure Tables and Fields. Here select all your favorite Tables and click on 'Next' button. Note that, the Tables selected in this step will become the default configuration of this particular Template.
- 5.Now on the next page, select all the necessary columns corresponding to the previously selected Tables and click on the 'Publish Template' button.
- 6.Congrats! Your Custom Template is created successfully.
- 7.You can now return to the Custom Templates page on Daton to find your freshly created Template. You are now free to add sources of your choice to this Template. Additionally, you can also edit or delete this Template as necessary.
- On the Template Page, be it Custom or Recommended, you will see an action icon on each Template.Find the 'Add Source' button and click it.
- You will now be redirected to the Configuration Page of the selected Data Source.
- Keep in mind, the Tables, fields, and Columns along with replication parameters will be pre-selected as per the Template configuration and cannot be changed.
- Once the configuration is complete, the Data source will be successfully added to the Template.