Amazon Selling Partner
Amazon Selling Partner is the new replacement for the to-be-deprecated Amazon MWS API, offering better reporting and organization of data.
If you are using a non-admin account to configure your SP-API connections, please make sure the user account being used to authenticate has the following permissions -
- 1.Log in to Daton. If you don't have previous credentials, sign up for Daton.
- 2.Assuming you have configured your destination, search "Amazon Selling Partner" in the search bar and click configure on the integration that appears. If not, configure your data warehouse first. Daton supports several data destinations.
- 3.Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, History, and Marketplace. Integration name would be used while creating tables on the warehouse and cannot be changed later. See general guidelines if you are unsure of which option to pick.
- 4.Click the 'Authenticate' button. You will be taken to Amazon's Seller Central login page to authorize Daton to access data from Amazon's SP-API. Allow Daton to access the scopes and authorize the Daton app.
- 5.If you prefer to not use the primary account, you will need to give access to a set of permissions on Amazon in order to authorize Daton. Contact [email protected] to learn more.
- 6.After authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available tables. Select the required tables and columns.
- 7.Submit the integration. You can now view the tables being created in your data destination by the name given to your integration.
- 1.Click on your integration in the 'Sources' page to see the status of each table.
- 2.Click on a table to see its status. The jobs would be in pending state initially and then will be moved to Active state once data starts flowing into the destination.
- 3.Job status can be viewed at any time. You can also edit the integration to change frequency and history.
- Select frequency as 1 hour. This will ensure fastest replication of historical data.
- Historical data replication happens in batches and it will take a few jobs for the data to be replicated up until current day
- Select the duration of history based on availability of data, i.e. for the period the business has been active.
- 1.Some of the APIs such as fba-inventory-api are not available for all marketplaces. Refer to each report category for detailed list of availability.
- 2.Authentication while creating integrations on Daton must be done using the primary seller account only.
- 3.Transaction (Payments) reports are not available through APIs. Reach out to our support for alternatives.
- 4.In case Business Reports (SalesAndTrafficReports) are being added while editing the integration post its creation, you will have to re-authenticate the integration since Daton requires a new set of permissions to access Business Reports.
SalesAndTrafficReportByChildASIN, SalesAndTrafficReportByDate, SalesAndTrafficReportyBySKU
Corrected faulty parsing of null values.
API call now starts with 00:00.
Corrected incorrect parsing of dates
Added 24 hour overlap of dates between batch loading
Five columns added
Table level history implemented.
Corrected faulty report dates processing.
Increased supported historical lookback period
Rate limiter implemented
New 'sku' column redacted
Enabled for all marketplaces
Corrected faulty mechanism used to calculating dates and run jobs in monthly reports
Corrected faulty parsing of DOUBLE datatype.
New tables added (Brand Analytics). Call the 'GET_BRAND_ANALYTICS_MARKET_BASKET_REPORT' and 'GET_BRAND_ANALYTICS_REPEAT_PURCHASE_REPORT' reportTypes respectively in the Brand Analytics reports section.
Previously deprecated, now added back back to the list of tables that can be selected.
New 'sku' column added.
New Belgium marketplace added.
Deprecated. New and existing integrations will be unable to add them if not added. Support will be slowly be discontinued for existing tables. The replacement table is available on Daton under the name SuppressedListingsReport.
ActiveListingsReport to be used as the default reference table for ASINs and SKUs in new integrations. This will also be in effect for integrations with this report already selected in the list of tables. For integrations without this table added, AllListingsReport will continue to be the reference table for ASINs and SKUs.
FBADailyInventoryHistoryReport, FBAMonthlyInventoryHistoryReport, FBAInventoryEventDetailReport, FBAInventoryAdjustmentsReport,
FBAInventoryReconciliationReport, FBAReceivedInventoryReport, FBAInventoryHealthReport, FBAInventoryAgeReport
Deprecated. New and existing integrations will be unable to add them if not added. Support will be slowly be discontinued for existing tables. Replacement tables are InventoryLedgerSummaryReport, InventoryLedgerDetailedReport and FBAManageInventoryHealthReport.
Deprecated. New and existing integrations will be unable to add them if not added. Support will be slowly be discontinued for existing tables. SalesAndTrafficReportByChildASIN will be the only supported report.
Batching logic implemented to restrict the number of ASINs passed to dependent tables in each job. This change reduces job duration, mitigates data loss in case of ASIN errors and reduces rate limit errors.
Corrected faulty passing of groupIDs as null.
New table added. Gives details about the collateral used in a Seller's A+ Content page including product description, image upload destination, image text, tech specs etc. Calls the getContentDocument operation from the A+ Content API.
Pass failing skus into destination with nulls in all fields instead of failing entire job.
Move dates forward when report for a date range is cancelled. Call monthly data everyday until next month.
New table added. Cannot be used in conjunction with CatalogItemsVariations, CatalogItemsSalesRank, CatalogItemsSummary tables. Gives details about items in a Seller's catalog including data about attributes, dimensions, images, salesRanks etc. Calls the getCatalogItem operation in the Catalog Items API.
Corrected faulty parsing of dates into YYYY-MM-DD format.
New table added. Gives details about fulfillment inbound shipments including weight, dimensions and value data about partnered and non partnered data. Calls the getTransportDetails operation in the Fulfillment API.
Amazon published an incident related to the Orders, Finances and Reports API on 8th Jan 2023.
- 1.How is it relevant to us? An issue was found from the Orders API that affected the Finances and Reports API where the order item ID in orders used to get changed every time there was a status update. This means that if the status was changed three times, there would be four order item IDs overall. Now if you calculate your revenue based on the number of order item ids, this will give you 3x of the actual sales. Tables without order item IDs still have inflated sales numbers as the data for those tables comes from the raw Orders API data.
- 2.What are its impacts on billing? Depending on the number of rows that are going to be extracted, it can go over the quota for your tier. Click here to read more about the billing plans.
- 3.My data looks fine, I don't want Daton to fetch data from December 15, 2022. If that is the case, please email [email protected] before Friday 12 PM UTC and we can take off your list of source ids from our cleanup efforts.
- 4.What columns are affected by the incident?All the columns from the tables
itemPricehave been affected.
- 5.How do I know if my data has been affected?If you are a seller who is not based in the US region (US, MX, BR, CA), it is unlikely that this issue has impacted you. However, just to be sure we will perform fetch data for all regions.To check a discrepancy, you can download a business report from your console for Jan 10 and compare it with data for Jan 10 fetched between Jan 11 - Jan 15. If the sales numbers are extremely inflated, then there is a high chance that you have been affected by the issue.